Altered Book

I made this wonderful altered book at the Scrapagogo Retreat. The class was called First Edition and was run by Nicola Kerridge.


I decided to use a photo of my eldest when he was a baby, he is fourteen now and hates having his photo taken so I do not make as many scrapbook pages of him as I do my youngest.



We covered the book and distressed the edges to make it look worn and a bit vintage.


We used a metal embellishment and ribbon to decorate the front and I added some butterflies layered up with left over paper.


We were given a book to alter, we pulled out out alot of pages at the front and added a frame which we covered with the torn out pages. The inside of the front of the book was covered with paper and I added a huge photo of my son asleep on our bed when he was little. Yes is was a thumb sucker!


We then decorated a tag to insert into the book and I added a couple of butterflies to hold it snuggly in place.


A little note on the back of the tag, I wonder if he will ever read this?


I loved making this project and decorating it, the papers were gorgeous too!

I have a little home project in mind to use the left over paper which I will show you when I have finished if it turns out alright!

Hope you are having fun, where ever you are!

Tracey 
xx

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, this is just GORGEOUS

angelwhispers said...

My word this is fab a great altered book and what a fabulous picture! Chanelle xxx

Related Posts with Thumbnails