Scrapbooking and a Retreat.

I am going away to the March Scrapagogo Retreat with my friend Linzi and can't wait!  We had such fun last time we went and hopefully we will be able to keep up a bit better this time!


I decided to get some of my scrapbook pages out and finally put them in an album, it was lovely to look at the photos again and read the bits of journalling too. I think thats why a scrapbook, to tell more of the story than just the photograph and because I love paper!


Here is a page I did about bug boy, my youngest who loves the outdoors..



I used Kraft paper as the background because it seemed kind of earthy..


The butterflies were cut with my x-cut butterfly punch and a Martha Stewart butterfly punch and layered to add a bit of dimension.


I added some thread for some of the butterfly bodies and some bling for others.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Tracey xx

3 comments:

Clare said...

Yay the return of Bug Boy!!!. I remember your earlier post with your lovely son. Awesome layout Tracey and have a wonderful time at retreat. Big hugs Clare xxx

Little Leslie said...

great frame. Thanks for the compliment . have a great "Oscar" day, tomorrow.
Les

Unknown said...

this is a gorgeous layout Tracey - I agree that the Kraft paper does look the part. Where do you get that from? I didn't realise that they did 12x12 Kraft - but why wouldn't they? Everything else is possible.

I have those exact same 2 punches. Don't they look adorable?

If you look out for the Cheery Lynn butterfly dies - you can get 3 for about £7-9... you can't even buy a punch for that, and the dies are so detailed and have tiny pierced detail in them... they're called Exotic Butterflies small - I bought the #2 set. Gorgeous and worth the money.

Paula x xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails