Schools Out for Summer!

Schools out for summer at least for my six year old! My eldest son is not so impressed to have another two weeks of school!  And of course on our first day of summer hols it rains! Not that I am complaining, I have loved this hot weather but the garden needs a drink and we could all do with a bit of a cool down!

I have been making teachers cards for my little one to say Thank You for a fantastic year. He has run into school happily every day and that has made my heart happy. Now we have eight weeks off and I plan to make the most of my time with him, I am very much aware that he will not want to go to the park, farm, zoo, beach etc for many more years and that makes me sad so we are going to make the most of these holidays! I guess I am going to spend quite a bit of time with him here..


A little area of our garden where he likes to play, catch insects and dig!

Anyway, for the teachers cards I used some paper from DCWV Grade School and some bright lime green cardstock and some ribbon from American Crafts.


And made very similiar cards


For each teacher!


The Font was a download from Two Peas called School Days. As a class we bought the teachers vouchers but I made a little gift box up with some chocoloates, a best teacher book mark and glass heart so that he had something to give himself.


This was for one of the teachers and then for the other teacher who does alot of outdoor things with the kids in the wooded area by the pond I made this one.


All the papers are digital downloads from Two Peas In a Bucket.

Thanks for reading, I hope that you are all enjoying yourselves whatever the weather!

Tracey x

3 comments:

stephanne said...

Your garden shed looks enchanting, I can see why your son likes to spend his time out there digging and exploring!! We have 3 month breaks from school in the summer and I tell ya, I think that is just a bit too much, myself and my stepdaughters are both ready for them to go back, lol. Of course, they've been out since May 23rd. I love your boxes, how sweet of you to give nice giftees to the teachers, not only nice but beautiful!! Lovin' that satin ribbon and the tag you've added, how snazzy!!
I hope you and your little fellas have a wonderful summer together :)
Hugs, Stephanne

Ann said...

Lovely cards. I'm sure the teachers were pleased with theirs and the gifts they received. I like the bright papers and especially the Thanks! sentiment. Well done.

Mandy said...

Hey hun, these are all gorgeous, I bet the teachers were thrilled with them.
Enjoy the summer with the kids, you are so right to make the most of your time with them before they ditch you in favour of their mates as they all do, unless of course mine are just mean to their mommy lol
hugs Mandy xx

Related Posts with Thumbnails