A Fantastic Few Weeks

It's been a fantastic few weeks, the kids have been on Easter holidays, I have been on the Scrapagogo Retreat and had a day out on the Orient Express!

The kids have just gone back to school so I have opened the door on my craft room again and sat down to finish the few little bits that I didn't quite finish at the retreat.

This book was made in the Cotton and Calico Chronicles Class with Sheena Rowlands. We had a fabric book and were shown how to use misting sprays and our own made stencils to create a background to each page.


I finished at home with some pretty lace and buttons sewn on to the side of the book and some chipboard buttons sewn onto the tree.


The photos were taken on a trip to Hyde Hall in Chelmsford, one of my favourite ways to spend a Sunday is going there with the dog for a lovely walk and lunch in the cafe.


I decide to use my sharpie pens to add some journalling and changed the colours just like a child's fabric book.


I did a little bit of sewing and made this little flower.


We were shown how to use the positive and negative of our stencils to get the most out of them.


I had such fun making this little book and it looks even sweeter in real life. It was a fab class on a fantastic retreat, I can't wait until I go back in March next year.


Have a fantastic weekend all!

Tracey x

3 comments:

Deb said...

I love your book what a fantastic idea, love the colours spritzed onto the pages!
How lovely that you got to go on a scrappy retreat! I just signed up for one in October that we attended last year, can't wait to do it again!
Debxx

Unknown said...

You've made a lovely book Tracey. I won this class (and now I know what to do with the kit!!)

Little Leslie said...

Great classes. Good for you. You did really well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails