A Great Trip to the Doctors

And no I am not pregnant! He he :-) I had to pick up a prescription this week and whilst I was waiting, I saw some books sitting all unloved on the window sill. This being one of them.

It's an old hymn book, I can't see when it was published but it's old and a bit tatty but the pages inside are beautiful...


And distressed around the edges, it looks like it has had the Tim Holtz treatment!


I asked the receptionist if it was for sale and for a fair donation it was mine! 


I was looking to use the papers in some sort of mixed media art journalling, I am so excited to be going on this course with Dyan Reaveley from Art from the Heart in less than a month.  I also thought the papers could be used make great christmas decorations.

Trouble is the book has made it this far in tact and I love it as it is, I'm not sure I can bear to tear the pages out of it. What would you do with it?

Have a great bonfire weekend. 

Tracey x

3 comments:

Angie said...

What a difficult decision ...I have a small book from The 1900's first decade ...with a similar cover. So often I am tempted to take a page and add it to my FH LO's ...but my hand quivers above it and the page remains in the book. i think if it were a perfect project I might be tempted. xx

Deb said...

we collect old books and I am pretty sure we have this one in our collection. My hubby would go crazy if I started altering them!
Not sure I could !
have a great day, Debxx

vickisunshine said...

What a great find - not sure if I could bring myself to tear pages out too! Lovely blog, I'm just off to become your latest follower.
Hugs, Vicki x

Related Posts with Thumbnails